Bug report #17187
Attribute Table refresh issue
|Affected QGIS version:||2.18.13||Regression?:||Yes|
|Operating System:||Linux and Windows||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No|
The Attribute Table doesn't immediately update when fields are set with the Quick Field Calculation Bar.
Steps to replicate the issue:
- Open the Attribute Table of any vector layer
- Start editing
- Select an existing field in the drop-down list of the Quick Field Calculation Bar
- Fill the textbox of the Bar with a value or an expression
- Click on Update All button: the table doesn't update
- Force the refresh of the table (e.g. clicking on cells or sorting the columns): the table updates
Same behavior with Update Selected and Update Filtered buttons.
The user has the perception that the Update buttons do not work (priority: High).
The issue already exists in 2.18.12 but doesn't exist in 2.14 (minor release regression).
The issue also occurs in QGIS 2.99.0-Master.
#3 Updated by Steve Lowman 21 days ago
I confirm this issue with shapefile layers. And, I confirm it updates when you touch the scroll bar - you don't have to actually move it.
Is it occurring with non-shapefile layers, too?
Also I am getting a similar but less consistent issue with manual edits to individual cell values in Table view. It just did this the first time I tried to manually edit a cell, only displaying after I did the scroll, but after that I could not repeat the issue with a manual edit in the same layer. The issue is consistent with the Field Calculation bar, though.