Bug report #17262
Attribute table data entered text is obscured by the 'x' button
|Affected QGIS version:||2.18.13
|Operating System:||W 10
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||25160
In QGIS 2.18 attribute table data entry, once the cell is full of text, the newly entered text is obscured at the right-hand end of the cell by the little 'x' button. This is quite off-putting for the user, who cannot see the text as it is typed in.
In QGIS 2.14, this problem was avoided by having a right margin in the cell while text was being entered. This right margin is not there in the 2.18 attribute table cell.
Attached video shows characters being typed are obscured by the 'clear' button, because there is no right margin on the cell while data is being typed in.
cross reference to bug 17289.
Both bugs are concerning data entry in attribute table 'table view'.
It may be efficient to fix both errors together.
Also 17187 and 17280, which is classed as High Priority. I think all four are closely related.
Okay, those other bugs are not directly related to this one.
However, I think this one should be classed as a Regression, because important functionality has been lost since the previous QGIS LTR releases.
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Regression? changed from No to Yes
- Related to Bug report #17280: When switch between filtered modes, the edited cells stop updating themselves. added
- Assignee set to Alessandro Pasotti
- Status changed from Open to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
Also available in: Atom