Bug report #14283
various crashes in georeferencer
|Affected QGIS version:||2.14.1||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||windows||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||not reproducable|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Yes||Copied to github as #:||22277|
Hi, since version 2.10 when I try to georeference in QGIS with the plugin "GDAL Georeferencer" there are so many bugs. QGIS closes without reason. It's working on 2.8, but the 2 new versions have problems.
#3 Updated by Fabien Cerbelaud over 4 years ago
There is no particular reason to explain tehe bug, sometimes it's when I add a new point, sometimes when I zoom on a region....it's the same thing with different data and I try it on many desktop. It's the same problem if I try to georeferencing map with coordinate or photo with coordinate from caneva...
#4 Updated by Jukka Rahkonen over 4 years ago
The particular reason for explaining a bug is to find a way to reproduce the error so that developers have something to take a grip. It would help very much if you could show step by step a procedure that makes georeferencer to crash with an attached image and list of ground control points.
#6 Updated by Fabien Cerbelaud over 4 years ago
For example if I open the georefenceur in qgis 2.10 and I add the 1974.jpg as raster in epsg 27572, I open the point associated to the raster. If i try to zoom or dezoom many times or I try to move in the raster, after a very various time qgis crash.
#13 Updated by Matthias Kuhn about 4 years ago
I tried hard to reproduce, zooming and panning like crazy but it just would not crash (latest master).
Did you change any settings?
Can you try to reproduce when you start qgis with
--configpath to a temporary path, so QGIS will use the default configuration for a test run.
#16 Updated by Mattias Spangmyr almost 3 years ago
I have also experienced various crashes in the Georeferencer and today I gave it a shot at finding a reproducible set of steps.
- Create a bitmap image (.bmp)
- Tested MS Paint and GIMP 2.8.2
- Tested 16-32 bit color
- Add the .bmp to the Georeferencer
- Reproduced on same PC using both QGIS 2.18.6 and 2.18.11 but have been experiencing similar crashes since probably 2.4.x or even earlier
- Zoom in and out rapidly using the mouse scroll wheel
- I did not have to set any specific Georeferencer setting or add any GCPs
- Regardless of which methods (either transformation or resampling) or reference system (geographic or projected) that were set when starting Georeferencer, the crash occurred eventually
- Using Linear/Nearest neighbour seemed to take longer to crash
I uninstalled 2.18.6 and installed 2.18.11-1 and had the same issues. However, when I tried installing 2.18.11-1 on a separate PC (same OS etc) that had never had any QGIS installation previously, I couldn't reproduce the issue! So after that I uninstalled 2.18.11-1 (on the original PC that had the issues), removed the .qgis2 folder, removed any registry keys related to QGIS I could find and cleared my temporary files folder (%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp). Now, after again reinstalling 2.18.11-1 the crashes are gone!
This leads me to believe that there were some remnant settings or files from previous QGIS installations that were causing the issue.Additional info
- DebugView logged "
Warning: QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint detected"
- Windows' event log stated that the crash occurred in the application qgis-bin, version 0.0.0.0, and in the module QtGui4.dll, version 184.108.40.206
- I've had crashes with GeoTIFFs as well before, some of which were scanned images that were derived from BMPs at one point
- My OS: Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64-bit