Feature request #9483
Replace help with pages from the manual
|Category:||Documentation and Help|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||18075|
Translating help files in GUI is always the most painful part, and I am convinced it
is not the most useful one, as the content is often obsolete and not aligned with the
My suggestion is to:
- remove the help
- replace it with the relevant manpage, either including it or adding a link to the
- ship the manual together with the package (problem: shipping all the languages will
be very heavy).
#5 Updated by Richard Duivenvoorde over 3 years ago
The offline help mode is some more work:
- we need to have a download service (per language a zip of around 170Mb) and build/upload these every day fresh on something like: https://docs.qgis.org/download/3.0/en etc?
- we could create a button near the input of the settings dialog where you can add url's?
- we need to think about where to save/unpack this zip, as installs can be very diverse. A normal user for example cannot save such zip in the install dir. OR we could/should make it part of the install scripts? Packaging for Linux?
Some other issue is that a fresh profile does not link to the right url (the setting is not picked up if you do not save your settings at least once): #17670