Feature request #7192
system specific location of qgis settings
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes
(couldn't reopen #1442)
Use a system-specific location for QGIS plugins and other generated user support files (IOW, move the ~/.qgis folder). For example
~\\Application Data\\qgis in Windows XP, and
~/Library/Application Support/QGIS on OS X.
See #1442 for details and previous discussion.
Folders should be versioned.
~\\Application Data\\qgis2 and
~/Library/Application Support/QGIS2. Or better,
Isn't this currently the case? It is on Windows and the other platforms.
I think version should only be used when the format of the configuration changes between versions. Otherwise it's only an annoyance to force config separation among versions.
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - High Priority
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Feedback to In Progress
- Assignee set to Nathan Woodrow
Nathan, may I affect this to you ? We're trying to clean the "in progress" list of issues for the 3.0 final sprint :)
Also available in: Atom