Bug report #4334
Symbology classes order lost PLUS wrong order after editing a label
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||14271|
The list returns to random order after every change to a symbol.
I'm using the "New symbology" style thing, set to "categorised".
a) I've used the "classify" button (I'd suggest renaming it to something more self descriptive btw - "Add All" or "Find All" or "Classify All") and it's found all of the values.
b) I then click on the "Value" column to get all the list in alphabetical order. So far so good.
c) I then double click on the first symbol, symbolise it how I want and click "ok", taking me back to the symbology screen.
The problem is, the symbology screen is no-longer ordered by "value", it's using whatever the original random ordering is. It only does this if you click "ok" to change a symbology. "Cancel" doesn't.
#1 Updated by Jonathan Moules over 8 years ago
This bug is worse than the minor nuisance it seems.
After step (b) but before (c), change the "Label" for a feature. When you then do step (c) and press ok, you'll see that the "Value" column is re-organised (per original report), but that the "Label" column isn't. This means the user ends up with the Labels being for the wrong Values!
#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 8 years ago
- Category set to Symbology
- Assignee set to Martin Dobias
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Operating System deleted (
- OS version changed from 1.7.0 to trunk
I can confirm the issues on trunk/Linux. Moreover ordering by "value" orders always as text, even if the column used for the symbology is integer or real.
#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 8 years ago
- Subject changed from Categorised symbol list does not remember order PLUS wrong order after editing a label to symbology classes order lost PLUS wrong order after editing a label
see also #4364
when adding a class in the "categorized" symbology it is always added as last (as already explained after reordering and closing the properties the order is lost) while when adding a "graduated" class it is always added as first.
#7 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 8 years ago
- Subject changed from symbology classes order lost PLUS wrong order after editing a label to Symbology classes order lost PLUS wrong order after editing a label
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
- Affected QGIS version set to master
All the issues are confirmed in the actual master release.