Bug report #19544

QGIS 3.2.1-1 crashes on OS X after severe zooming in

Added by Rodrigo Ventura almost 2 years ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:High
Assignee:-
Category:Web Services clients/XYZ
Affected QGIS version:3.2.1 Regression?:No
Operating System:Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan) Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:fixed/implemented
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:Yes Copied to github as #:27371

Description

When zooming in significantly much, using a google maps raster layer, QGIS crashes. I’m attaching the crash report. This happened both with QGIS 3.2.1 and the previous version.

My system is Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan). Python is from python.org, version 3.6.6.

qgis crash.txt Magnifier (108 KB) Rodrigo Ventura, 2018-08-04 03:35 PM

qgis crash 2.txt Magnifier (103 KB) Nathan Perry, 2018-08-28 09:06 PM

History

#1 Updated by Nyall Dawson almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback

How did you add the Google layer? Was it using a plugin?

#2 Updated by Rodrigo Ventura almost 2 years ago

Nyall Dawson wrote:

How did you add the Google layer? Was it using a plugin?

How to reproduce:
  1. new project
  2. new connection to XYZ tile, use Google Satellite URL http://www.google.cn/maps/[email protected]&gl=cn&x={x}&y={y}&z={z} from https://geogeek.xyz/how-to-add-google-maps-layers-in-qgis-3.html
  3. zoom in continuously
  4. crash

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

Remove any 3rd party plugin or even better create a clean profile and re-try with it.

#4 Updated by Rodrigo Ventura almost 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Remove any 3rd party plugin or even better create a clean profile and re-try with it.

Done that and still crashes.

I only had the Freehand raster georeferencer (version 0.5.3.1). Removed it, restarted QGIS, retried steps, and still crashes.

#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

Rodrigo Ventura wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Remove any 3rd party plugin or even better create a clean profile and re-try with it.

Done that and still crashes.

I only had the Freehand raster georeferencer (version 0.5.3.1). Removed it, restarted QGIS, retried steps, and still crashes.

tries a clean profile?

#6 Updated by Rodrigo Ventura almost 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Rodrigo Ventura wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Remove any 3rd party plugin or even better create a clean profile and re-try with it.

Done that and still crashes.

I only had the Freehand raster georeferencer (version 0.5.3.1). Removed it, restarted QGIS, retried steps, and still crashes.

tries a clean profile?

Yes, just made a new profile and reproduced the steps. It also crashes.

#7 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Open
  • Crashes QGIS or corrupts data changed from No to Yes
  • Priority changed from Normal to High
  • Category changed from OsX UI to Web Services clients/XYZ

#8 Updated by Nathan Perry almost 2 years ago

Same issue here; attaching my own crash log. This appears to be a duplicate of https://issues.qgis.org/issues/19478. The crash seems to occur consistently at certain locations/zoom levels, but I have not yet been able to predict when it will occur.

#9 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback

Please try on QGIS 3.4.1, if the issue is still valid change the affected version, thanks.

#10 Updated by Rodrigo Ventura over 1 year ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Please try on QGIS 3.4.1, if the issue is still valid change the affected version, thanks.

It works, no more crashes. Thanks!

#11 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago

  • Resolution set to fixed/implemented
  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF