Bug report #1449
The map and overview canvas resizes incorrectly
|Affected QGIS version:||master
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||11509
When reducing size of the overview canvas, its contents zooms out to match the new extent. It's ok. But when enlarging it, the contents doesn't zoom in back. In effect, after a few resizes of QGIS window, overview map becomes unusably tiny.
It affects the main canvas too.
I'd prefer to not rescale the main map at all (hovewer I understand the present behaviour) but rescale in and out the overwiew.
This bug is still there in QGIS 1.2 (rev. 11005, Ubuntu 9.04).
This bug is still there in QGIS 1.4, rev. 11818; it occurs for example when switching on a docked table. The map canvas goes smaller so the scale of the map decreases.
Jürgen, is there any quick and simple way to disable the rescaling at all or enable rescaling in both directions? I can't find it. This ugly behaviour just affect badly Quantum's look and feel ;)
Still there in trunk.
A partial work around is to toggle a layer's "Show in overview" state in the Layers context menu - this resizes the overview image.
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
- Affected QGIS version set to master
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 1.8.0
- Target version changed from Version 1.8.0 to Version 2.0.0
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from Closed to Reopened
- Resolution deleted (
Oh sorry, that commit only fixes the problem in the overview. The main canvas is still affected
I confirm it's stll not fixed, see #8461
- Assignee deleted (
- Status changed from Reopened to Closed
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
This has been fixed in master.
Also available in: Atom