Bug report #9933
Map composer hangs when attempting to export a map in any format.
|Affected QGIS version:
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:
|Copied to github as #:
The map composer works as it used to in 2.1 (although can be a little glitchy and prone to temporarily lock up which didn't happen in 2.1). However, when attempting to export a map QGIS consistently hangs in both version 2.2 and 2.3. The save file dialog opens but QGIS fails to populate it. The only option is to force QGIS to terminate via the operating system. As such it renders QGIS unusable and I must roll-back to the earlier version.
I am using QGIS 32-bit on Windows 7 64 bit machine. (I haven't tried the 64 bit version of QGIS because that has a reputation of being too buggy to use and the last time I installed it I had to remove all traces of QGIS from my machine and install 32-bit fresh).
#1 Updated by Nyall Dawson almost 10 years ago
Can you please provide a few more details so that I can hopefully track this down:
- is this with every project, or just a certain one? If so, can you post a sample project here?
- which installer did you use to install qgis?
- can you export maps from the qgis main window using save as image?
#2 Updated by Jonathan Ball almost 10 years ago
Sorry for the slow reply - I got deluged with work (which is a good thing for a Freelancer!). However, I have done a few more tests to answer your questions:
- The bug only happens with projects created in an earlier version of QGIS (2.0.1 Dufour in my case). New projects created in 2.2 appear to be OK and behave as expected. I have tried saving the project created in Dufour as a new project and then re-open it, but this does not help, it still hangs at exactly the same point.
- I installed using OSGEO4W (downloaded the latest version) - this is the method I always use for QGIS (unless I'm rolling back to an earlier version which is unavailable through OSGEO4W).
- Yes, I can save images from the main window whatever the original version of the QGIS project without crashing. The problem seems to be restricted to the Map Composer.
More info: The problem seems to be also restricted to map composers created in Dufour. If I open an old project from Dufour in Valmiera and then create a new map composer, it works and I can export to PDF, but if I duplicate an existing map, it still hangs at the same point. So, it is not my data but some incompatibility between the map composers from Dufour and Valmiera at the point of opening the save-file dialog box.