Feature request #9281
[composer] add option to disable antialiasing when exporting compositions
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||17893|
To be more precise, it seems that when printing the option is set always as active, no matter if printing as raster or not.
#1 Updated by Jürgen Fischer about 6 years ago
- Subject changed from The option "make lines apperar less jagged at the expense of some drawing performance" does not seems to be applied in the print composer to The option "make lines appear less jagged at the expense of some drawing performance" does not seems to be applied in the print composer
#3 Updated by aperi2007 - about 6 years ago
The antialiasing if no good for the black-white TIFF4 images.
In the tiff4 the main goal is have always only two color black/white.
The antialiasing work substituting some white pixel with a grey light color.
This break the possibility to have a tiff4 image.
As a use case:
the composer will allow the opportunity to export a map as a tiff georef.
But if the goal is to export a tiff4 black/white image.
The acutal setting of composer to deny the correct black/white will deny to have a set of tiff4 images georef as exportation from qgis.
#4 Updated by aperi2007 - about 6 years ago
So it is definitively a bug because It donnot reproduce exactly what there is in the canvas.
The goal of composer is produce a print of what there is on canvas .
A composer that da another think differente from canvas is not a print in qgis, but a different program.
In the canvas there is a black/white image because I can put the white transparent and having a result when export.
In composer when export I have a raster not black/white.
So I guess it is a bug.
#5 Updated by Nyall Dawson about 6 years ago
- Category changed from 33 to Map Composer/Printing
- Tracker changed from Bug report to Feature request
- Subject changed from The option "make lines appear less jagged at the expense of some drawing performance" does not seems to be applied in the print composer to [composer] add option to disable antialiasing when exporting compositions
OK, that's a good point. However I don't think the existing option for antialiasing in settings is the correct solution. For one, this option is worded in a way that makes it sound like its purely for performance. I'd imagine the given how its worded the current use case is that people are disabling antialiasing in settings to speed up working with the canvas , not to change how maps are exported.
Secondly, this current setting has no effect on other composer controls such as labels, etc.
I think your use case could be better addressed by an option in the composition settings for disabling antialiasing for the whole composition. This option would be per composition, not a global setting.
#6 Updated by Paolo Cavallini about 6 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Target version changed from Future Release - High Priority to Version 2.2
Sounds reasonable. Nevertheless, I think this option should be added, as without it the user case described is seriously hindered. As it solves a real user issue, quite important in massive production, and it should not impact other code, I would ask to reconsider adding it to the upcoming version.