Bug report #9259
SpatiaLite new column issue
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||17875|
1. Open any SpatiaLite file.
2. Toggle editing mode
3. Open attribute table and press "New column"
4. Choose any type of field: there are "Width" and "Precision" labels is presented, but not input fields.
#5 Updated by dr - about 9 years ago
- Status changed from Closed to Reopened
- File 56.png added
Ok, SQLite does not support width and precision. But now "New column" window looks ugly. What is the purpose of string which shows type of field (BLOB, TEXT, FLOAT, INTEGER) after input fields? Value of this string is the same as value of "Type" input field.
#6 Updated by Matthias Kuhn about 9 years ago
- Tag set to easy
As far as I know, the values in the combobox are used equally throughout QGIS and the label below is used to tell the user the equivalent in the terminology used by the dataprovider.
Are you able to use QtDesigner? So you could easily solve this, by adding a vertical spacer below (to make the label "stick" to the upper part of the form) and maybe add Another label to the left saying something like "Provider type:", so the meaning of this value is clear.
#8 Updated by Maxim Dubinin about 9 years ago
Let me add my 5c to the confusion.
Try to do this:
1. Load any shapefile with say 1 polygon
2. Right-click - save as Spatialite, check Add to canvas
3. After it is done (note possible bug #7822 btw), open table, start editing, try adding field (double). Note that both additional fields are present and editable.
This may be due to the fact that Metadata says SQLite, not SQLite with Spatialite. But I do select Spatialite on export.
Is it a separate issue?
#9 Updated by Matthias Kuhn about 9 years ago
Yes, this should be considered a separate issue: The layer OGR provider is used instead of the built-in spatialite provider. I am not aware of any reason to do this, it's probably just adding any "Save As" layer as OGR. Could you file another ticket for this? Thank you.