Feature request #879
Add 'Help contents' in different languages
|Category:||Translations and international|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||10938|
Currently the only language available when you press F1 is English, but it would be nice having this help translated in other languages. Same occurs for 'Installation and User Guide'. I propose following TODO list to solve this:
*Add index_xx.html and userguide_xx.pdf files for other languages into /qgis/doc/.
*Add each language flag icon on top of index.html linked to corresponding index_xx.html file.
*Link 'Installation guide' and 'User guide' at the bottom of index.html to corresponding userguide_xx.pdf files.
As a first step, I attach file /qgis/doc/index_es.html translated into Spanish (links to userguide_es.pdf need to be updated).
#1 Updated by cdavila - almost 12 years ago
Attached bug879fix.diff includes:
- Modified index.html including links to en, de, es and pt index_xx.html. Thess are the languages currently existing in qgis_documentation/branches/0.9.1 (Sorry, I've just realized I didn't include Italian, but it can be added later). Other languages can be added as needed.
- index_es.html which links to userguide point to userguide_es.pdf
- Flag images for mentioned locales.
Things that still need to be done:
- Calling translators to translate/update index.html into index_xx.html after it has been updated with next release new features/bugfixes.
- Adding userguide_xx.pdf from qgis_documentation/branches/0.9.2 just before next release.
Note: I think these two things could be added to ReleaseChecklist0.9.2
#10 Updated by Médéric RIBREUX almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
Hello, bug triage...
I guess that we can close this feature request. On QGIS LTR (2.8), when you call help from the Help menu, your web browser points to the official QGIS 2.8 documentation (which is translated in multiple languages) corresponding to the locale settings of your QGIS installation. Even the non web documentation (get by the multitude of help buttons of the different dialog boxes are also translated or partially translated). At least, the translation infrastructure and architecture of QGIS seems to answer to the initial feature request.
Could we close this one ?