Bug report #8700
Double clicking to add a layer is inconsistent
|Affected QGIS version:||2.0.1||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||not reproducable|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||17421|
When double clicking on a table/file/layer to add it from its respective dialog, one of several possible things happens:
Add Vector Layer:
- Double clicking a file closes the "Open an OGR supported Vector Layer" dialog but keeps open the "Add vector layer" dialog.
Add Raster Layer:
- Double clicking a raster closes the dialog and adds the file immediately to QGIS.
Add Oracle / SpatiaLite tables (maybe the other databases too?)
- Double clicking a table brings up a "Query Builder" for that table.
Add WMS and Add WCS
- Double clicking does nothing.
- Opens up "Expression string builder" dialog
To me at least this is very wrong. They should all behave in the exact same way when I double click something.
Personally I'd say the raster way is the correct one - that's how all other applications work when I double click something to add, be it a GIS or a text editor or anything.
I appreciate why opening query/expression builders may be useful, but I don't think it should be the default action on double-clicking.