Bug report #8312
Startup tips are in a modal dialogue, but clicking on the main QGIS window does not raise it to the top
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||17105|
- Start QGIS with startup tips enabled.
- While QGIS is still starting, activate some other window and cover up the splash screen with it, without covering up the whole screen (if it has already started, cover up the startup tips window just for the sake of the demonstration).
- Click on the main QGIS window (if necessary resize the window in front if it is covering up the entire QGIS window). The startup tips window will not be raised, and because this is a modal window, neither is the main QGIS window. It is possible to raise it by clicking on it in the taskbar, but this behaviour would be very confusing for some users.
The options dialog is also modal, but it works correctly:
- Open the options dialog.
- Cover it up with some other program's window.
- Click on the main QGIS window. The options window is raised as it should be.