Feature request #8045
add unit test for startup options (pluginpath, configpath)
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||16887|
it would be nice to have test to ensure following options work OK:
- alternative plugin paths set in environnement variable.
- configpath options to move profile AND/OR settings to another location.
Those tests should ensure that everything goes well with Windows file names (spaces, slash vs backslash, special encoded character in username)
#2 Updated by Vincent Mora over 6 years ago
- for alternative plugin paths
- checking, if the environment variable QGIS_PLUGINPATH exists, that the directory $QGIS_PLUGINPATH exists and is readable
- for config path
- running qgis --configpath $TEST_DIR
- checking that $TEST_DIR/qgis.db has been created
- for settings
- running --optionspath $TEST_DIR
- checking that $TEST_DIR/QGIS/QGIS2.ini has been created
Regis, can you please tell me if this is what you had in mind ?
#4 Updated by Hugo Mercier over 6 years ago
- Assignee changed from Regis Haubourg to Hugo Mercier
- Status changed from Feedback to In Progress
- Pull Request or Patch supplied changed from No to Yes
Pull request submitted :
A new unit test is added that tests QGIS_PLUGINPATH, --configpath and --optionspathTwo character encoding issues have been found :
- in main.cpp
- in the way python plugin paths are parsed
#8 Updated by Hugo Mercier about 6 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Hugo Mercier to Larry Shaffer
It has been merged by Tim (64c947b2f05da81d8a3a119132c8ba95669076f6
The only missing part is whether this new test (PyQgsAppStartup) works correctly on MacOSX.
Larry, do you think you could have a look and tell me if it fails ?
#9 Updated by Larry Shaffer about 6 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - High Priority