Bug report #6996

Line pattern fill is not rendered to vector in pdf export

Added by Victor Axbom almost 7 years ago. Updated 9 months ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:Normal
Assignee:-
Category:Symbology
Affected QGIS version:master Regression?:No
Operating System: Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:end of life
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:No Copied to github as #:16100

Description

I've experienced some problems when I export maps to vector-pdf from the composer. All features in the exported pdf are vectors except for the layers which have the relative new line pattern fill set as symbology type. These are rendered as rasters, and this become a problem when trying to print to larger formats as A1 as some features from these layers disappear in the exported pdf.

pdf_export.pdf - Example (30 KB) Victor Axbom, 2013-01-14 10:44 PM


Related issues

Duplicated by QGIS Application - Bug report #19852: Pattern fill is always rasterized Closed 2018-09-15

History

#1 Updated by Victor Axbom almost 7 years ago

Attach a pdf. The line pattern fill have been rendered as raster

#2 Updated by Victor Axbom almost 7 years ago

Connecting issue #3250?

#3 Updated by Mathieu Pellerin - nIRV over 6 years ago

I can confirm this behavior. Noticed this while trying to figure out why a PDF exported map had seen a huge increase in size.

SVG fill are also rasterized.

#4 Updated by Jürgen Fischer over 5 years ago

  • Category changed from 33 to Map Composer/Printing

#5 Updated by Nyall Dawson over 5 years ago

  • Category changed from Map Composer/Printing to Symbology

#6 Updated by Oskar Karlin over 4 years ago

Is this being fixed by the next release? It's pretty crucial that this works if one wants to use QGIS to make printed maps.

#7 Updated by Nyall Dawson over 4 years ago

As far as I'm aware no one is actively working on this request. You could ask on the Dev list or consider sponsoring this change.

#8 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 4 years ago

  • Operating System deleted (Windows)
  • OS version deleted (XP)

#9 Updated by Oskar Karlin over 4 years ago

Nyall Dawson wrote:

As far as I'm aware no one is actively working on this request. You could ask on the Dev list or consider sponsoring this change.

Do you have any ideas of how much this would cost if I'd sponsor this change?

#10 Updated by Nyall Dawson over 4 years ago

Oskar Karlin wrote:

Nyall Dawson wrote:

As far as I'm aware no one is actively working on this request. You could ask on the Dev list or consider sponsoring this change.

Do you have any ideas of how much this would cost if I'd sponsor this change?

Hi Oskar,

Can you drop me an email at if you'd like to discuss this?
Cheers!

#11 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 2 years ago

  • Regression? set to No
  • Easy fix? set to No

#12 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 2 years ago

see also #16949

#13 Updated by M D over 1 year ago

Hi, I do experience this problem with QGIS 3.0.2-Girona. I'm trying to export roads from OpenStreetMap on a metropolitan territory (40 km x 30 km) into a svg file. Do you think that it fails and rasters the roads because it is too much informations?
Thank you in advance!

#14 Updated by Jürgen Fischer about 1 year ago

#15 Updated by M D about 1 year ago

M D wrote:

Hi, I do experience this problem with QGIS 3.0.2-Girona. I'm trying to export roads from OpenStreetMap on a metropolitan territory (40 km x 30 km) into a svg file. Do you think that it fails and rasters the roads because it is too much informations?
Thank you in advance!

I used a VBOX and managed, on Ubuntu, to export a fully vectorized version of my layer. If that can help...

#16 Updated by Giovanni Manghi 9 months ago

  • Status changed from Open to Closed
  • Resolution set to end of life

Also available in: Atom PDF