Bug report #6642
fTools: the option to load a layer after analyses should be on by default
|Affected QGIS version:||master
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||15822
The most intuitive behaviour for users is to have the result of an analysis on screen, right after performing it. Not having it should be the result of an explicit choice.
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
As this option is available in sextante I guess that does not make a lot of sense anymore to add it to the vector menu.
- Status changed from Closed to Reopened
- Resolution deleted (
As it is a very trivial fix, anf fTools is going to stay at least in qgis 2.0, I suggest for the consistency of the interface to switch it on anyway.
Same issue in the option "Layer"/"Save selection as Vector file...".
The option to add the layer to the project is there, but isn't checked by default...
- Target version set to Future Release - High Priority
- Target version changed from Future Release - High Priority to Version 2.4
- Tag set to easy
Why this has not been fixed? It adds much to consistency, and it's very easy to do.
Please if posible fix before next release
- Target version changed from Version 2.4 to Future Release - High Priority
some proposal of fix here (fTools dialogs) and here (Save As... dialog)
- Status changed from Reopened to Closed
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
Both pull requests applied.
The "ftools" category is being removed from the tracker, changing the category of this ticket to "Processing/QGIS" to not leave the category orphaned.
Also available in: Atom