Feature request #6183
There is no check that the style of a vector layer matches the type of data (e.g. line vs polygon)
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
e.g. 1 - copy and paste style:
- Right-click on a polygon layer in the TOC and click "Copy style"
- ("accidentally") right-click on a polyline layer in the TOC and click "Paste style"
- The polyline layer becomes invisible (you may need to pan the canvas slightly for it to be updated), because its style is for the wrong type of layer
- Open the style tab of the layer properties - the polygon style is shown; there are no error messages or anything. It seems the only way to get a style for the correct type of data is to copy and paste styles from another polyline layer, or remove the layer and add it again.
e.g. 2 - opening a project:
- save the project you were using for e.g. 1
- reopen the project
- the layer still has the wrong style and there are no error messages or anything. This 2nd case would be a problem if someone overwrites a layer with a different type of data without you knowing.
#3 Updated by Médéric RIBREUX almost 2 years ago
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Hello, bug triage...
in QGIS 2.13 master, you cannot paste a style to another geometry type layer. There is also an error message:
Cannot paste style to layer with a different geometry type: Your copied style does not match the layer you are pasting to
So I am closing this feature request...