Feature request #5532
Saved styles enhancement
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||15127|
The saved styles feature is great, but not very practical to use. It is
Here are the problems :
- As soon as there are more than 5 or 6 styles, the styles browser is full and you need to scroll up or down to find what you want.
- The scroll wheel scrolls too quickly and you have to go several times back and forth until you can find the style you want.
- The "Symbol selector" window opens up at the same default size every time, which forces to resize the window to see more styles at once.
- The window resize spoils a lot of space in resizing the whole window instead of only the "Saved styles" field
- The names of the styles are not displayed, which makes it difficult to choose the right style between to similar styles
Here is how I would love it to work :
- Have different display modes for style : big icons (with and without name), small icons (with and without name), list
- Be able to quick-search a style by it's name
- Be able to group and or tag the styles
(please excuse me if I made some mistakes in the feature request since it is my first one)