Feature request #5396
Run algorithms in a different thread
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||15067|
Currently the module execution freezes the main GUI.
Execution of the modules should not be done on the main thread.
#6 Updated by Camilo Polymeris over 10 years ago
- File mt3.diff added
This weeks diff. Includes mostly GUI improvements (percentage, feedback and a close button) and some attempts at making the iteration code work. I'll update the blog at sextante-gsoc.blogspot.com with more details, but here some technical considerations:
- Am getting crashes with the (working thread) iteration code, apparently accesses to QPixmap, but haven't been able to find the source of the problem.
- Using "new-style" PyQT slots and signals. Is that ok?
Note that the cancel button only disconnects the finished signal, since the backends don't support cancelling. One could just terminate them, but that might be problematic (file access and such).
#12 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Open to In Progress
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Target version set to Future Release - High Priority
work undergoing as google summer of code