Bug report #5269
New fields created by "table join" are limited to 80 characters when it should be 255
|Affected QGIS version:||1.8.0
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||14996
I tried to join a field that had cells with up to 220 characters to a shapefile. However when I saved the new shapefile, I saw that it was only showing the first 80 characters of field. QGIS is cutting the fields with a 80 characters threshold.
- Operating System deleted (
- Target version set to 35
Confirmed (on Linux). Joined text field (tested with a csv) are truncated at 80 chars when (re)saving the shapefile.
- Target version changed from 35 to Version 1.8.0
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Affected QGIS version changed from master to 1.8.0
This bug remains in QGIS 1.8 and think it's urgent to fix it.
- Target version changed from Version 1.8.0 to Version 2.0.0
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
Seems already fixed in master. Please test and close.
No, it's still there (QGIS Master downloaded today, Windows 7). It joins correctly but when I save it, the new shapefile only has the first 80 characters of each line.
Works fine here, field with length 193 saved correctly. Can you provide sample data?
Ah, you use CSV table for joined data... As workaround you can specify length and type for each CSV field using CSVT file as described here. Also you can use more powerful and flexible VRT format
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
Also available in: Atom