Bug report #5125
Inconsistent behaviour - whether or not newly added layers are automatically selected
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||14884|
(1) If the currently selected layer is inside a layer group, and the option “Settings>Options>General>Add new layers to selected or current group” is set, then when a new layer is added then the currently selected layer stays selected.
Otherwise, when a new layer is added it is also automatically selected.
There are probably advantages to either behaviour (see #1086 for one argument), but it should be consistent. Or at least it should be consistent for a particular method of adding the layer - i.e. the behaviour should always be the same when you add a layer from the "Layer>Add..." menu entries, even if it is different when you add the layer by using a Python command.
(2) If the currently selected layer is inside a layer group, and the option “Settings>Options>General>Add new layers to selected or current group” is set, and you add some more layers, then unset the "Add new layers..." option (without changing which layer is selected), then if you try to add another layer nothing happens! I'm guessing this is related to (1) - if not I should file a separate report.
#4 Updated by Médéric RIBREUX almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
Hello, bug triage...
in QGIS 2.13 master (and probably in previous versions), the newly added layer is automatically selected, whether it is loaded into a group or not. I can't find any option related to this (nothing in the QGIS settings, “Settings>Options>General>Add new layers to selected or current group”).
I think we can close this bug... Can you confirm ?
#6 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 4 years ago
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
Alister Hood wrote:
I didn't test adding layers programmatically, but yes, I think it can be closed. Can anyone remind me whether the policy is to set Resolution to "fixed" or "worksforme" in cases like this?
it was a confirmed bug and was fixed? > fixed
it an unconfirmed bug, and... works for me? > works for me
but when in doubt it does not really matter, since we agree that it is now ok to close the ticket.