Bug report #4618
Split tool fails to split line if start and end are the same
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||14521|
If the start and end node of a line are snapped together e.g. a closed loop, the split tool fails to split the line and create two new lines.To reproduce:
- Draw a polyline with start and end node snapped together (a loop)
- Change style of line layer to show start and end nodes on line.
- Split line using the split tool
- Start and end point will be moved to the split point but the line will still be whole
- Drag the start node away from end node and repeat split process.
- Line will be cut in two as expected