Bug report #4368
Union tool creates shapefile with missing polygons
|Affected QGIS version:||Regression?:|
|Operating System:||Windows||Easy fix?:|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||duplicate|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Copied to github as #:||14301|
When unioning shapefiles in QGIS, the process gets to about 6% and finishes, leaving a layer that is unioned correctly but has missing polygons. I have tested this with multiple files and it fails each time, it does not appear to be a coordinate system issue. When it did not work in 1.7.1 I installed 1.6.0 and tried the same process, which yielded the same error. Moreover, all other geoprocessing ftools work correctly, so it appears to be an issue with this particular tool.
I have tried installing as an administrator, as I understand that not doing so often causes problems, but that solves nothing.
Whatever the problem is it leads to data corruption, so I consider it a high priority fix.