Bug report #4304
Show only writable raster and vector formats in Processing "save file" dialogs
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||no timely feedback|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||14241|
Currently "save file" dialogs in Processing show all supported file formats which causes to attempts to write into non-writable format. We should filter the list of formats to write to.
#8 Updated by Médéric RIBREUX over 3 years ago
Hello, bug triage...
I think this is difficult to fix because we don't have an easy to use method or function in Python that can extract a list of GDAL drivers that can write to a file.
Perhaps should we add a writableFileRasterFilters() to the QgsProviderRegistry class. Once done, it should be trivial to modify GDAL tools.
#10 Updated by Alexander Bruy over 2 years ago
- Target version changed from Future Release - Lower Priority to Future Release - High Priority
- Subject changed from GDAL Tools tries to write to a non-writable format to Show only writable raster and vector formats in Processing "save file" dialogs
- Category changed from Processing/GDAL to Processing/Core
#14 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Open
Paolo Cavallini wrote:
Unsure about this: in GRD files, which should be non-writable, are listed in the dropdown menu (BTW: listed twice, this is a separate issue)
when trying to save to GRD format the message (from GDAL) says:
"Golden Software ASCII Grid format", which is writable BUT does not have the GRD extension: http://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html
#16 Updated by Jürgen Fischer 5 months ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
- Resolution set to no timely feedback
Bulk closing 82 tickets in feedback state for more than 90 days affecting an old version. Feel free to reopen if it still applies to a current version and you have more information that clarify the issue.