Bug report #3579
Crash after opening multiple attribute tables in dock window
|Affected QGIS version:||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||All||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Resolution:||fixed|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Copied to github as #:||13639|
Qgis is crashing/freezing after opening more attribute tables than comfortably fits in computer screen.
How to replicate:
1. Configure Your QGIS to "Open attribute table in dock window"
2. Open any shapefile containing some attribute data
3. Press "Layer -> Open Attribute Table" few times until you will have more attribute tables than comfortably fits to your screen. Qgis will freeze.
Some more realistic example:
1. Imagine, You have small screen computer and two layers with attribute data containing 10 columns.
2. You want to display attribute tables of both of them one beside other.
3. Open first one.
4. Open second one. QGIS will freeze, because second table will not fit to your screen.
OS Debian Lenny KDE 3, Debian Squeeze Gnome
QGIS: Latest Trunk
GDB output and 'bt' attached
#4 Updated by Anne Ghisla over 9 years ago
QGIS f8e10a33 (SVN r15725), Fedora 14, XFCE 4.6.2, Qt 4.7.1.
I followed steps to reproduce the bug, but QGIS didn't crash after the newly opened attribute table made the whole window larger than the screen. However it made the first attribute table and the legend partially blank - see attachment - and hovering on them with the mouse, more generally forcing redraw of the window, made the table cells reappear.
I then opened 5 attribute tables side by side, that opened in the not visible part of the window, and panned the whole window to see them. Panning back to the right side of the window, all tables were displayed correctly. I closed all tables except one, the window remained in full length. I then resized it with no problems.
The issue can be related to #3655.
#6 Updated by Ivan Mincik over 9 years ago
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
Testing on Debian Squeeze and Lenny: current trunk is not longer crashing (I think after fixing #2714).
Currently, when opening multiple attribute tables, QGIS application window is resizing to infinite (which can be the case for another ticket).