Bug report #3314
Node tool does not allow multiple-selection when geometry is invalid
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Windows||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||13374|
- Select a polygon layer and click the edit button
- Try to select multiple nodes using Ctrl-click. It should work.
- Using the node tool, move some nodes so that the polygon border crosses itself. A green x should be displayed at the intersection.
- Try to select multiple nodes using Ctrl-click. It won't work.
I can't see any reason why it is desirable for multiple-selection to be disabled when the geometry is invalid. The user may want to fix it by selecting multiple-nodes and deleting (or moving) them.
#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 10 years ago
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
- Assignee deleted (
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Alister Hood wrote:
The user may want to fix it
I mean fix the invalid geometry of course, not fix the bug ;)
it seems to work as expected on qgis master, please reopen if necessary.