Bug report #21266
Attribute forms do not show anymore constraints messages
|Affected QGIS version:||3.4.4||Regression?:||Yes|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||worksforme|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||29084|
with qgis 3.4.4 on windows 10 desktop, i create a project with a point layer with several attributes
I defines a form with several constraints and message associated.
The message are not shown in the form when it is displayed
With 2.18, description for unsatisfyed constraints used to be displayed at the top of the form, preceeded by a big sign !
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago
- Regression? set to Yes
- Tracker changed from Feature request to Bug report
- Subject changed from Attribute form does not show constraints messages to Attribute forms do not show anymore constraints messages
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Affected QGIS version set to 3.4.4
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago
- Resolution deleted (
Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
This is by design: constraint messages in QGIS 3 are shown within a tooltip when mouse pointer is over the "X" icon.
correct. As user I would argue that this functionality is not as user friendly as before, but this is another story ;)
#6 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Rejected to Closed
- Resolution set to worksforme
philippe Clastre wrote:
I should add that if you use qgis on a tactile computer, you often don't have a mouse but a stylus. So you can't have access to message that should help the user to understand why the Ok buton isn't available.
good point, this should be raised in the developers mailing list. For what is worth I liked more the 2.18 way.