Bug report #2068
PostGIS attribute table annoyance
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||All||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||12128|
After editing and saving PostGIS attribute data using 'attribute table', edited record is moving at the and of attribute table with no respect to column sort order. Sometimes also during editing records are resorting in unpleasant order. This behavior makes user confusing, he/she can think that edited data has disappeared.
1. Open 'attribute table' of some PostGIS layer in editing mode.
2. Sort rows by column 'gid'.
3. Edit some attribute value (not gid), for example row with gid 5. Sometimes also at this point, records are reordered.
4. Save table. At this point, all changed rows are usually moved at the bottom of attribute table, no matter if I sort table by gid (which is not changed).
It seams that this behavior is getting worse when table is edited and saved multiple times.
#2 Updated by Ivan Mincik over 11 years ago
Yes, it is still there. Test was made on latest trunk using Debian Lenny.
1. Import new polygon layer to PostGIS using SPIT plugin
2. Open attribute table and start to edit. By default records are ordered by 'gid'. Edit some attribute value and save. After doing this multiple times, edited value will disappear on save (sometime it will be on the bottom of attribute table, sometimes nowhere). I will appear after manual reordering of table on 'gid' column.
Sometimes, when it was harder to reproduce this behavior, ordering by some other attribute column than 'gid', editing, saving, ordering by 'gid' again, editing and saving helped me to reproduce.
#6 Updated by Nathan Woodrow over 7 years ago
- Assignee deleted (
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
The attribute table has been reworked a bit since 1.7, and I can't reproduce on master. Please reopen if still happening for you.