Bug report #20656
Identify feature task never stop on Spatialite layer
|Affected QGIS version:||3.4.2||Regression?:||Yes|
|Operating System:||Windows 7, Wondows 10||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||28476|
The project (attached) has only one layer (Spatialite, point).To reproduce the issue :
- After the project is loaded, I use the identify tool on one point. The attribute form opens normally. I close it.
- I try to identify an other point, the attribute form opens again normally. I close it, but this time the task "Identify feature" in the task manager doesn't stopped, and I can't stopped it manually.
- After that, I can continue to use the identify tool normaly (the forms opens), but the corresponding tasks "Identify feature" are not removed from the task manager.
- I can't close QGis because of the first "permanent" "Identify feature" task. I have to kill the application with Windows task manager.
- OS : I reproduce this bug only on Windows (tested on 7 and 10). I have tested it on Debian and I couldn't reproduce the issue.
- Data provider : I observe the issue only with Spatialite layer. I have also tried with Shapefile and PostGIS layer : there was no issue.
- QGis version : the issue exists in 3.4.0, 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 QGis versions.
- The bug can be reproduced whithout clicking on a point. Using the identify tool and clicking anywhere has the same result : the second click produce a "permanent" "Identify feature" task.
- If I reproduce the bug whith the layer in edit mode, when I stop the edition, the map refreshs and the points of the layer disappear (they are not shown).
#10 Updated by Nyall Dawson over 1 year ago
This bug report is very odd -- that task was COMPLETELY removed in 3.4.2! See https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/073c5be69f612362afab6e93ff2f8c731d20bbf8 . There's NOTHING in the 3.4.2 source which even uses the "Identifying features" string anymore. :O
Can you confirm how you installed QGIS?
#11 Updated by Bertrand Roux over 1 year ago
I have used the installer http://qgis.org/downloads/QGIS-OSGeo4W-3.4.2-1-Setup-x86_64.exe I dowloaded the 26-Nov-2018 at 08:32 (GTM).
Today, I see that there is a newer file QGIS-OSGeo4W-3.4.2-1-Setup-x86_64.exe (26-Nov-2018 15:44, http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/win64/). I download it and install it. The issue doesn't exist anymore !
Sorry for bothering you with that... That was a false alarm.
Many thanks for the help.