Bug report #20139

Please make vertex panel to be able to delete a vertex in QGIS 3

Added by Antonio Viscomi over 1 year ago. Updated over 1 year ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:High
Assignee:-
Category:Editing
Affected QGIS version:3.3(master) Regression?:Yes
Operating System: Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:fixed/implemented
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:No Copied to github as #:27960

Description

Hi all,

Using the new vertex editor I often find it difficult to locate the vertex
in map canvas.
So I think to propose as follows:

- It is it possible to make 'vertex panel' able to delete vertex?
- If it is possible this would work both for a vertex at a time
as for a series of vertices selected directly in the vertex panel

Thanks for your attention

Antonio

vetex.avi (671 KB) Antonio Viscomi, 2018-10-23 04:46 PM

vetex.7z (59 Bytes) Antonio Viscomi, 2018-10-23 04:47 PM

vetex.avi (671 KB) Antonio Viscomi, 2018-10-23 04:53 PM

vertex.7z (3.6 MB) Antonio Viscomi, 2018-10-23 04:57 PM

History

#1 Updated by Saber Razmjooei over 1 year ago

  • Tracker changed from Feature request to Bug report
  • Subject changed from feature request: Please make vertex panel to be able to delete a vertex in QGIS 3 to Please make vertex panel to be able to delete a vertex in QGIS 3
  • Affected QGIS version set to 3.3(master)
  • Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
  • Regression? set to Yes

I mark this a bug, because in QGIS 2.18 it was possible to remove a vertex from panel.

#2 Updated by Saber Razmjooei over 1 year ago

Here is the original ticket #13668

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago

  • Priority changed from Normal to High

#4 Updated by Regis Haubourg over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback

Works here nicely in 5e6eef3, using "DEL" key.
Can you confirm and if necessary show a screencast of the context in which you fail to make it work?

#5 Updated by Antonio Viscomi over 1 year ago

Regis Haubourg wrote:

Works here nicely in 5e6eef3, using "DEL" key.
Can you confirm and if necessary show a screencast of the context in which you fail to make it work?

I confirm that issues appear on polygon about 520000 (FID=35) vertex in (in windows 7 in i7 4th gen. And 32GB ram) in this case when I try to delete the vertex QGIS Master it freezes on the 5th vertex for about 5 minutes...
I'll attach the file and the screencast

in screencast:
when a vertex are selected (Hilighted) I hit a lot of times del but the vertex remain in panel while QGIS freezes

regards

#6 Updated by Antonio Viscomi over 1 year ago

Antonio Viscomi wrote:

Regis Haubourg wrote:

Works here nicely in 5e6eef3, using "DEL" key.
Can you confirm and if necessary show a screencast of the context in which you fail to make it work?

I confirm that issues appear on polygon about 520000 (FID=35) vertex in (in windows 7 in i7 4th gen. And 32GB ram) in this case when I try to delete the vertex QGIS Master it freezes on the 5th vertex for about 5 minutes...
I'll attach the file and the screencast

in screencast:
when a vertex are selected (Hilighted) I hit a lot of times del but the vertex remain in panel while QGIS freezes

regards

sorry
previous screencast was corrupted

#7 Updated by Antonio Viscomi over 1 year ago

and this is the correct file

#8 Updated by Antonio Viscomi over 1 year ago

Regis Haubourg wrote:

Works here nicely in 5e6eef3, using "DEL" key.

Sorry Ragis,
I think this commit is not related to this topic.
I talk about editing vertex not about print layout

Regards

#9 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago

Antonio Viscomi wrote:

I think this commit is not related to this topic.
I talk about editing vertex not about print layout

I think he meant just to point that he tested with a master version that contained that commit as latest merged PR.

#10 Updated by Antonio Viscomi over 1 year ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Antonio Viscomi wrote:

I think this commit is not related to this topic.
I talk about editing vertex not about print layout

I think he meant just to point that he tested with a master version that contained that commit as latest merged PR.

ah ok,
sorry for misunderstanding,
but the issues in screencast appear also in 0de984d7f9 that is today release

regards

#11 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago

but the issues in screencast appear also in 0de984d7f9 that is today release

I cannot find this commit so I cannot say if is more recent that the one pointed by Regis. Please try with 3.4.

#12 Updated by Bernhard Ströbl over 1 year ago

works for me in QGIS 3.4.1 on Ubuntu 16.04 (64 bit)

#13 Updated by Paolo Cavallini over 1 year ago

I suggest closing this then.

#14 Updated by Nyall Dawson over 1 year ago

  • Resolution set to fixed/implemented
  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF