Feature request #18935
Improve implementation of QGIS WFS paging and max number of features options
|Category:||Web Services clients/WFS|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||26767|
The WFS max features option in the Modify WFS Connection settings is difficult for users to understand as it behaves differently depending on the version of WFS:
- Leaving max features box empty and choosing wfs v 2.0.0: Uses paging with the page size set to the WFS server default page size. Returns all features in the layer.
- Putting a number in max feature box and choosing wfs v 2.0.0: Uses paging with the page size set to the specified max features for better performance. Returns all features in the layer.
- Putting number in max feature box and choosing wfs v 1.0.0 or v 1.1.0 (which don't support paging): Gets only specified number of features.
To make it more clear for users I suggest the following:
- If max number of features is specified this should limit the results to this number of features regardless of WFS version. If left empty the server default applies.
- Add WFS Option to allow users to enable paging and set a page size.
- If a user selects WFS version 1.0.0 or 1.1.0 paging should be disabled.
- If a user selects WFS version 2.0.0 paging should be enabled with a default start index of 0, and the server default page size which the user can override.
If there is general consensus on the best way to improve this LINZ is looking a funding this as an enhancement.
[WFS provider] [FEATURE] Allow user to enable/disable paging and specify page size (fixes #18935)
The 'maximum number of features' settings is now always the maximum number of
features requested, even in WFS 2.0 with paging.
For WFS 2.0, we add a checkbox to enable/disable paging and a text entry to
specify the page size (if let to empty, server default is used)
We also add a Detect button so that the WFS version is autodetected.