Bug report #18282

Style Manager - Impossible to work with non-Latin characters (tag or symbol names)

Added by Yaroslav Vasyunin over 2 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:High
Assignee:Alessandro Pasotti
Category:Symbology
Affected QGIS version:3.0.0 Regression?:Yes
Operating System:Windows 10 x64 Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:Yes Resolution:fixed/implemented
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:No Copied to github as #:26173

Description

I open Style Manager and I add a new style, label it with an English name, and apply some English tag to it. Works fine! However:
  1. If either a symbol or a tag has a Cyrillic name (Russian), then nothing happens when I add the tag to the symbol (the tag remains empty)
  2. If I try to change that symbol name from Russian to English, I get this error: "Save Item - Name is already taken by another item. Choose a different name." But I'm sure that the new name is unique because I type many random Latin characters.

Associated revisions

Revision b3c31d3a
Added by Alessandro Pasotti over 2 years ago

[bugfix] Fix symbol tags with cyrillic names

... and other non-ascii as well

Fixes #18282 - Style Manager - Impossible to work with non-Latin characters (tag or symbol names)

History

#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback
  • Priority changed from Normal to High
  • Crashes QGIS or corrupts data changed from Yes to No

Does work fine in 2.18?

#2 Updated by Yaroslav Vasyunin over 2 years ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Does work fine in 2.18?

I don't see this behavior in QGIS 2.18 (I have both QGIS versions installed on the same Windows machine) - there you can manage tags (called 'groups') and label names with Cyrillic chars without problems. Renaming of Russian label names also works fine.

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Open

#4 Updated by Alessandro Pasotti over 2 years ago

  • Assignee set to Alessandro Pasotti

#5 Updated by Yaroslav Vasyunin over 2 years ago

I reproduce this bug in QGIS version 3.0.3-Girona as well.

#6 Updated by Alessandro Pasotti over 2 years ago

I can reproduce this on Linux too: there is a problem when querying the QSLite DB that stores the tags, looking into it.

#7 Updated by Alessandro Pasotti over 2 years ago

Ok, found one of the issues but there is another one: SQLITE function LOWER does not work with anything other than ASCII....

this looks harder to fix than I initially thought.

#8 Updated by Alessandro Pasotti over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to In Progress
  • Pull Request or Patch supplied changed from No to Yes

#9 Updated by Anonymous over 2 years ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • Status changed from In Progress to Closed

#10 Updated by Alessandro Pasotti over 2 years ago

  • Resolution set to fixed/implemented

Also available in: Atom PDF