Bug report #17806
[Digitizing] Selected vertices in the map canvas are not shown in the Node editor panel
|Affected QGIS version:||3.7(master)||Regression?:||Yes|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||25702|
Select vertices of a feature, right-click select the node editor
In the new panel, no selection is shown.
The old vertex editor has this capability which is really handy
#10 Updated by Harrissou Santanna about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Open
The issue is still there. Actually, it looks like it's worse, or at least weirder:
1. Select a vertex on a feature. It got a filled blue circle marker
2. right-click and open the Vertex Editor panel
3. In the panel, the vertex is shown in bold and in the map canvas, it's shown as both the circle blue and a square blue
4. The square blue marker can be confirmed by graphically selecting other vertices: the selected ones are plain blue circles while the first one is shown as a square blue ring.
At the same time, the vertex editor still shows in bold the first feature you selected (and which is unselected currently)
5. If ever you press DEL, you remove the graphically selected vertices (blue filled circle), not the one in the panel
==> Graphical vertices Selection is not updated in the vertex editor panel
1. With the vertex editor opened, select a vertex in the map canvas. As seen above, nothing should happen in the editor.
2. select a row in the editor. The corresponding vertex is shown as blue square
3. So you have in the canvas blue filled circle and blue squared ring
3. press DEL: now it's the vertex with square marker that is deleted, not the one that has a selection rendering.
This is an umpredictable behavior
While testing, I also found out that:
1. You can not select multiple rows in the editor and delete their vertices at once: only the last selected vertex is removed from the feature. You need to repeat the process for each.
2. Removing vertex (either graphically or using the editor) does not update the editor: you still have the same number of rows as its opening. Or when there's a change, it shows empty rows.
I don't know if these are already reported.