Bug report #15569
Size assistant fails to calculate min max from layer
|Affected QGIS version:||3.0.0
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||23492
the size assistant here fails to calculate the min and max values for a variable. This might be due to a weird field name: 01/08/2015 01:00 (derived from an xls file).
- Easy fix? set to No
- Regression? set to No
- Description updated (diff)
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.16.2 to 3.0.0
- Subject changed from Size assistance fails to calculate min max from layer to Size assistant fails to calculate min max from layer
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
I think the issue here is that "01/08/2015" is a string field.
If I use the expression to_real("01/08/2015") in the size assistant then it works correctly.
Can you confirm?
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
In earlier versions the string field was listed among those usable by Assistant. Now the behaviour is correct.
Also available in: Atom