Bug report #15404
Hang when compiling complex expressions for mssql provider
|Affected QGIS version:||3.2.2||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Windows||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Yes||Copied to github as #:||23334|
Our Project uses SQL Server 2012 spatial as datasource.
To reproduce from attached files:
- restore QGISTest.bak to SQL Server 2012 or higher
- unpack 214crash.qgs + SvgSymbols-Folder
- edit 214crash.qgs in line 56 to adapt datasource to your Server
- open 214crash.qgs with QGIS 2.8.X, it will display a couple of symbols
- open 214crash.qgs with QGIS 2.14 or higher. It tries to load the one layer of the project (wait indicator is running infinitely, or at least 10 min, I haven't waited longer...)
As QGIS just hangs wihtout a stack trace or anything, only crash Information available seems to be Windows Error Report (WER), which is created after Shooting off QGIS. See Folder ErrorLog in attachment.
The Bug might have some relation with #15369. Much less classes though. Also, the layer works fine, if I use Database->Offline editing to export data to sqlite. So SQL Server connection seems to play a role.
#6 Updated by Joachim Heilmann over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Open
I just checked the described reproduction steps on 3.2.1-Bonn, and, yes, QGIS rendering still hangs on that layer. The general behaviour has changed, though. QGIS 3.2 does not hang completely, I can still add layers, even edit the properties of the broken layer, but the busy indicator left from the coordinate display is infinitely running and the map stays blank. The CPU load of qgis-bin.exe is between 80% and 100%, until the process is killed.
So I'm afraid that, yes, it is still an issue with 3.2.