Feature request #14098
ftools geoprocessing tools are slow with large dataset, port them to c++
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||22104|
Attempt to perform intersect on input SHP layers with higher number of features hangs around 60% and never finish.
ogrinfo HPJ_KPP/hpj_kpp.shp hpj_kpp -so | grep Count Feature Count: 10735 ogrinfo gis-zp-skoleni-data/LU/Land_Use.shp Land_Use -so | grep Count Feature Count: 40108
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
the vector geoprocessing tools of qgis (aka ftools) are known to be very weak with large/complex geometries. There are other tickets about this, and recently (after the las palmas dev meeting) also a lot of discussions about this matter. There is already a c++ implementation of such tools, in qgis enterprise, but it is not reverting to qgis soon, at least not in 2.14.
#2 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 4 years ago
- Operating System deleted (
- Target version deleted (
- Status changed from Feedback to Open
- Category changed from Vectors to 44
- Subject changed from intersect doesn't work for larger input datasets to ftools geoprocessing tools are slow with large dataset, port them to c++
- Tracker changed from Bug report to Feature request