Bug report #1315
"Actions" in qgis do not work on MS windows
|Assignee:||Gavin Macaulay -|
|Affected QGIS version:||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Windows||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Resolution:||fixed|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Copied to github as #:||11375|
qGIS (0.11/windows) crashes if you want to use actions (e. g. to link images or websites)
This problem only occure on the windows version, on ubuntu actions seems to work properly.
Original Task: link photos to point shape files using "actions".
An action is defined: calling "firefox" as action
The Identify Feature is used to open the identify window
A click on the action is used to define the action...
result: qgis crashes
#5 Updated by Mike Taves about 12 years ago
I'm still certain that this issue (in regards to not working on Windows) was fixed for version 1.x. You might have this confused with another bug #1203, which is entirely possible.
But, to be sure, try this:
1. Add a layer to a QGIS project, and go to the properties
1. In the "Actions" tab, make a new action
1. Set name to: Search this
1. I'll assume you have Firefox installed, so set action to: "C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe" http://www.google.com/search?q=%name
1. Edit "%name" to grab a field name from your feature layer into the query, such as a single-word name or numeric value. There is an "Insert field" tool to help you out.
1. Don't select capture, since this is bug #1203, and it doesn't make sense for this action. Keep it unselected!
1. Click Insert action, and OK
1. Save the project (in case the crash happens)
1. Use you identify tool and click on a feature item
1. Click the action ... did it crash or search the %name ?
Now, if you want to recreate #1203, modify the above to capture output, and use a command that does not exist (e.g., modify firefox.exe to nothing.exe) and crash!