Bug report #12424
Custom settings: save buttons all different
|Affected QGIS version:||2.8.1||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||20596|
In different dialogs, different ways of saving and loading custom settings are used:
- Style manager: bottom center, button "Share"
- Shortcuts: bottom left, button "Load..." and "Save..."
- Customization: top left, icons for save and load
- Predefined scales and Project scales: vertical bottom right, icons for load and save
- Default styles: vertical bottom right, buttons "Import" and "Export".
There might be others.
This is confusing to the user, and should better be made uniform (with a widget?).
It might be a rather easy fix.
#4 Updated by Anita Graser almost 5 years ago
I also think that the save and load icons are the better solution, e.g.
The example also show a second issue: the "Add color" and "Remove color" buttons could easily be replaced by the + and - icons. Copy and paste icons from the editing toolbar could be used as well:
... Should I create a new ticket for these other issues?