Bug report #11664
Locking selected items button in print composer freeze too much.
|Affected QGIS version:||2.6.0||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Windows||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||invalid|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||19915|
I have a problem with print composer. In QGIS 2.6 locking selected items button completely freeze objects (maps, labels) so I can’t change map scale or label text (it is impossible to choose/change locked items properties). In previous versions of QGIS 'lock selected items' button locked position of object on a ‘sheet’, but it was possible to choose other item and change its properties (scale, etc.). So this is why I am confused...is it right or wrong? Anyway how can I (in QGIS 2.6) lock object position without freezing all item properties?
#1 Updated by Nyall Dawson almost 5 years ago
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from Open to Closed
A couple of things to note:
- While you can't select locked items in the composer canvas, you CAN select them using the "items panel" (choose View->Panels->Items if this isn't visible).
- Locked items can be individually unlocked via the items panel
- All locked items can be unlocked at once via the "Unlock all" toolbar button.
Hope that helps!
#3 Updated by Nyall Dawson almost 5 years ago
Yes - it definitely is a feature! The rationale is that it allows you to lock an item which is stacked above items (for instance, a rectangular border) and freely interact with the items below it. It's the standard behaviour for design programs, and very handy when you get the hang of it.