Bug report #10384
Some options to configure Layer legend in TOC don't work
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||18801|
In Settings menu > Options > Canvas and Legend Menu, there are some problems with the options:
- checking or not capitalise layer name seems to not work; You need to close the project and reopen to see the effect.
- by default, layer names are in bold (i think they shouldn't). Checking or unchecking this checkbox meant nothing;
- Checking "Bold Group Names" option changes nothing;
- checking "Add new layers to selected or current group" doesn't work;
- To Display classification attribute names, after checking this box, you need to close the Layer panel and open it.
All these worked in QGIS 2.2
I attached an image about the distorsion of bold rendering
#3 Updated by Harrissou Santanna over 6 years ago
Nyall Dawson wrote:
Couldn't these options just be removed? Do we really need options for bolding individual GUI elements?
I agree. Indeed, I wasn't used to use these options till i remarked that, by default, layer's name were in bold (not really readable). And no change possible. Maybe, we should just keep group layer name in bold (by default) to easily distinguish them.
#5 Updated by Harrissou Santanna over 6 years ago
"Display classification attribute names" option adds in the TOC, under the layer name, the name of the field (or the expression) used for your symbology. It is useful when you have, in a project, more than one copy of a layer with different symbology on each one. Displaying the name of the field clearly helps you to quickly identify the layer you need to use in your map, I think.
The options that should be removed IMHO are those related to bold or capitalise and set defaults values for them (group name in bold, regular for layer name and i'm not sure if capitalising must be kept).
#6 Updated by Martin Dobias over 6 years ago
- "Add new layers to selected or current group" is now always used - the option can be removed
- bold layer / group - I believe we should have one standard setting and stick to it, I am for removing those options.
- new layers visible - originally a workaround for long rendering time. I think it can be removed with multi-threaded rendering in place.
The update of capitalization / display of classification attribute should be probably fixed.