Bug report #10349
field calculator bar: clicking on 'update all' won't visually refresh cell values until user clicks on rows region
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||duplicate|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||18770|
Updating a column's value via the field calculator bar's Update All button fails to refresh the modified cells until the user clicks in the rows area. That's a problematic user experience that actually led me to think the feature was broken.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Load the attached project
2. Open the attribute table window for the project's layer
3. Activate the editing mode
4. Set the field calculat bar's field list to 'name'
5. Enter a dummy string expression, e.g. 'my expression'
6. Click on the Update All button
7. Notice how the name cell of the unique feature / row is not updated
8. Over the row with your mouse and click on either cell
9. Notice how the name cell gets refreshed to your updated value