Bug report #9606
QWC fails silently if project doesn't have "service capabilities" checked
|Affected QGIS version:||2.0.1||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||invalid|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||18183|
Moved from #9605 as a server not a client issue.
If the project doesn't have "service capabilities" checked, QGIS server still issues a valid GetCapabilities/GetProjectSettings response. QWC then fails silently without issuing a GetMap request.
#1 Updated by Alessandro Pasotti over 8 years ago
Reading the docs http://docs.qgis.org/2.0/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_server_support.html it is not clear what is the expected behavior: the docs state that checking "Service capabilities" option allows you to specify OWS capabilities such as "title", "description" etc., while if you don't check it, wms_metadata.xml file located in the cgi-bin folder will be used instead.
It seems that the expected behavior is that a GetProjectSettings should return all necessary details (reading from wms_metadata.xml) even when "Service capabilities" is not checked.
#2 Updated by Alessandro Pasotti over 8 years ago
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Ok, I've digged into the code and I can conclude that this problem is not related to the server: it's more like a QWC and/or a documentation problem.
This is what happens:
1. if "Service capabilities" is checked then everything works fine and Service tag is present
2. if "Service capabilities" is not checked and the cgi-bin direcrory contains "wms_metadata.xml" then everything works fine and Service tag is present (with values taken from wms_metadata.xml)
3. if "Service capabilities" is not checked and the cgi-bin direcrory does not contain "wms_metadata.xml" then the Service tag is missing and QWC fails without complaining