Bug report #8400
crash opening layer properties of a freshly inserted wms layer
|Affected QGIS version:||master
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Yes
||Copied to github as #:||17172
A repeatable QGIS crash. Windows; weekly a13cdf8
- Add WMS layer.
- Select layer
- Close dialog
- Double click on layer in layers list. Qgis crashes.
The error is an "exception" -> "bad allocation"
I can't find any QGIS log files in my install to give more information.
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
No crashes here by following the above steps. (works fine even on WindowsXP)
After further experimentation it seems to only fail with one particular layer (it just happened to be the only layer I actually tested).
I've attached the dump file it creates which I've now found.
Would you be able to share the layer you experience problems with?
also not confirmed here on both linux and Windows, please share the WMS url.
try also disabling all the plugins and try again.
- Subject changed from Repeatable QGIS crash to crash opening layer properties of a freshly inserted wms layer
The WMS is on the internal corporate Network so I can't share it.
Can you not see what the problem is from the dump file?
Any plugins enabled are the default ones. Disabling them makes no difference.
Happens with d61cb25 too. It did work once and then it didn't, so it seems to be intermittent.
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Target version set to Future Release - High Priority
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
Seems to be fixed now. (using 5192e8d)
I'll re-open if it happens again.
Also available in: Atom