Bug report #8217
Copy tools for attribute table
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||end of life|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||17031|
The attribute table should have a selection of tools which all for copying the data from the selected rows.
These could be:
- Copy attribute values
- Copy attribute name and value
There would work well in a right click and a toolbar button.
Some layers do not allow editing so these should work when not in edit mode, much like the info tool does.
#1 Updated by Matthias Kuhn over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
Selecting rows, clicking "ctrl+c" or the icon copy the values and an extra row on top with the attribute names. The only thing is, that there's an extra column at the beginning containing WKT. Selection also works readonly.
Apart from the missing context-menu entry, is there functionality missing?
#3 Updated by Matthias Kuhn over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Open
To not have to visualize yet another selection:
- Let's add another icon "advanced copy"
- Offer the user a dialog to choose attributes (+geometry) he would like to copy and add an option to include headers
- Add a context menu entry to the column headers with a shortcut action to copy just that single column (with header)
- Add entries "copy" and "advanced copy" to the table context menu
Does that sound right?
#6 Updated by Giovanni Manghi 9 months ago
- Resolution set to end of life
- Status changed from Open to Closed
End of life notice: QGIS 2.18 LTR