Bug report #7736
data defined rotation does not work for point pattern fills
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||16642|
When using a symbol pattern inside a polygon is is sometimes useful to set a rotation angle for single pattern using an angle filled from the shapefile.
Apparently it is settable, but doesn't work.
Setting the "angle" (angolo field) in data-defined-properties inside the
"Point pattern fill" -> Marker -> simple marker
should rotate using the specified value for each single polygon - instead they all have the same rotation.
I guess this is a bug, because the option to set is available.
I added a simple project to show this.
#4 Updated by Mathieu Pellerin - nIRV over 6 years ago
- Resolution set to worksforme
- File qgis-rotation-works.png added
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Using an integer and real field to set rotation for individual marker in a points layer works fine. I've just confirmed with latest build (see screenshot). Maybe the person who filed this issue can re-open with more steps to reproduce if he/she still faces this problem.
#5 Updated by aperi2007 - over 6 years ago
- Resolution deleted (
The ticket is for a polygonal layer not for a puntual layer.
I try it with the last qgis-dev,
but the option of the angle in data-defined is disappeared.
This is a more complex situaztion.
I'm sure this is not working, but not because the angle option was removed it is no more selectable. :)
#8 Updated by Mathieu Pellerin - nIRV over 6 years ago
Right. More testing on this:
- using simple marker as point pattern fill, data-defined rotation fails when relying on an attribute
- it'll however succeed if you use an expression with a fixed number, e.g. '45'
- same behavior for svg marker within point pattern fill
Note that this isn't a regression as qgis 1.8's point pattern fill didn't have the data-definition feature and the old symbology didn't have point pattern fill.
#11 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 6 years ago
- Subject changed from qgis 1.9 doesn't allow data defined rotation of pattern to data defined rotation does not work for point pattern fills
- Status changed from Closed to Reopened
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - High Priority
it works for centroid fills and svg fills. Affects 2.0 and master.