Bug report #7133

GetFeatureInfo doesn't seem work with text/html responses

Added by aperi2007 - almost 9 years ago. Updated almost 9 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:Normal
Assignee:-
Category:Web Services clients/WMS
Affected QGIS version:master Regression?:No
Operating System: Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:fixed
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:No Copied to github as #:16200

Description

I'm testing the new qgis-dev (19f0666)

I noticed that GetFeatureInfo requests fail on a wms server.

I tried with this wms server: http://web.regione.toscana.it/wmsraster/com.rt.wms.RTmap/wms?map=wmsambamm

and the layer: rt_ambamm.idcomuni.rt.poly

The map is correctly shown, but on a GetFeatureInfo (identify button) it returns "no feature at this position found".

When I tried the same with qgis 1.8 it worked and showed the response that is a text/html kind response.

History

#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 9 years ago

  • Priority changed from Normal to Severe/Regression

if is a regression is blocker.

#2 Updated by Jürgen Fischer almost 9 years ago

  • Priority changed from Severe/Regression to Normal
  • Subject changed from GetFeatureInfo don't seem work almost on text/html to GetFeatureInfo doesn't seem work with text/html responses

QGIS now prefers ogr/gml responses (50d4bb6d). The server advertise that format in it's capabilities, but apparently it's not configured correctly on the server side. The response is:

Content-Type: text/xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0" xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc http://
schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.3.0/exceptions_1_3_0.xsd">
<ServiceException>
msReturnPage(): Web application error. Malformed template name (ogrgml).
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

#3 Updated by aperi2007 - almost 9 years ago

I check the log from a server wms.

Seem the qgis is doing a wrong request.

I open a more specific ticket.

#4 Updated by aperi2007 - almost 9 years ago

Hi,
I resolve the problem for the wrong wms server response.

It is explained in the ticket #7135.

It was a wrong reported GML format in the getcapabilities. The qgis-dev will use that wrong format in the request causing a wrong response.

Now this is resolved and the wms server is correctly responding.

But still qgis is not reporting nothing in a GetFeatureInfo request.

#5 Updated by Jürgen Fischer almost 9 years ago

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from Open to Closed

aperi2007 - wrote:

But still qgis is not reporting nothing in a GetFeatureInfo request.

QGIS now catches the service exception and reports it in the message log (a98ed43b) and the detection of the xsd and gml part of the response is improved (d8952d337).

Also available in: Atom PDF