Feature request #7042
PostGIS column wrongly named "qgs_geometry"
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
||Copied to github as #:||16130
If you import a shapefile into PostGIS using the QGIS browser, the resulting vector has the geometry column wrongly called "qgs_geometry". It should be just "geom".
- Tracker changed from Bug report to Feature request
- Priority changed from High to Normal
Why "geom"? Isn't the name of the geometry column just a matter of taste?
- Subject changed from PostGIS column worngly named "qgs_geometry" to PostGIS column wrongly named "qgs_geometry"
Agreed, matter of taste. Which is also why I want the geometry column name in the layer name ...
It is a matter of taste, but the current situation is utterly confusing for the users:
- when dropping from browser to DB manager>geom
- when dropping from browser to browser>qgs_geometry
It would surely be nice to encode own's taste into a central qgis configuration
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Also available in: Atom