Feature request #6197
New filetype extensions for SpatiaLite
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||15511|
The SpatiaLite database reader only looks for two filetype extensions. I believe all of the following can also be used, and this is just for sqlite3 - These are all from SQLiteStudio:
.sl3 - This one is what FME calls its SpatiaLite files.
Note: I am aware of "all files" from the drop-down, but believe those should be added to the extensions list anyway.
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 8 years ago
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
- Category set to Vectors
- Target version set to Version 2.0.0
afaik a spatialite db does not need necessarily an extension, anyway if the above extensions are used by some programs or are formats correctly recognized by OGR (like the .sl3, see #6196) then I agree that the list in the "add vector layer" dialog should be updated.
Jonathan, when filing tickets please fill all the available information/details, otherwise it become difficult to search for already existing tickets.
#2 Updated by Jonathan Moules almost 8 years ago
Hi Giovanni; Sorry for not filling out all information. TBH, there's too much to fill and its not clear which ones I should be filling in and which ones you should or even what goes where. Also, this bug (#6202) means that half the time I have the wrong options showing anyway.
#4 Updated by Médéric RIBREUX over 4 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
Hello, bug triage...
to sum up:
- Add .db3, .s3db, .sqlite3, .db3, .s3db, .sqlite3 to OGR provider/Add Spatialite Layer/Create a new spatialite layer file selector extension filters.
- Add .sl3 as a new "SQLite Spatial (FDO)" entry in OGR provider file selector extension filters.
That's it ?