Bug report #6173

load SLD symbology issue

Added by Milver Valenzuela about 7 years ago. Updated about 5 years ago.

Status:Closed
Priority:Normal
Assignee:-
Category:Symbology
Affected QGIS version:master Regression?:No
Operating System: Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:No Copied to github as #:15490

Description

I have produced a rule based style that includes line patterns. I've saved the style as both SLD and QML. When I use the QGIS "load style" command on the same shapefile or another one with the same schema, the QML style is successfully loaded, while the SLD has trouble with the line patterns (i.e., it just defaults to one pattern) and the transparency (i.e., no transparency upon load). I've attached a zip file containing a sample shapefile with both SLD and equivalent QML symbology so that you can replicate the issue.

Thanks!

SLD_sample.zip (56.9 KB) Milver Valenzuela, 2012-08-09 03:03 PM

floodplain2.sld (5.59 KB) Milver Valenzuela, 2012-08-09 06:46 PM

Associated revisions

Revision 86a20e9a
Added by Giuseppe Sucameli about 7 years ago

SLD support: convert SLD rotated lines back to line pattern fill (partially fix #6173)

History

#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback

Hi,

you must test qgis-master, there have been fixes about SLD support after qgis 1.8 was released. Please test again and report back. Cheers.

#2 Updated by Milver Valenzuela about 7 years ago

Still the same issue. Here's what I did:

  • I got the MASTER installed. Loaded the test shapefile and the QML style (both included in the original ZIP attachment) which were successful as expected.
  • I saved the style as SLD. I'm attaching the new SLD file created with the MASTER (noticed some tag changes compared to 1.8 sld version but nothing major).
  • Reloaded the shapefile and this time with the new SLD file and found the same behavior as with 1.8

I'd appreciate your insight.

Thanks,

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 7 years ago

  • OS version deleted (7)
  • Status changed from Feedback to Open
  • Assignee set to Giuseppe Sucameli
  • Operating System deleted (Windows)

#4 Updated by Giuseppe Sucameli about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Open to Closed

#5 Updated by Giuseppe Sucameli about 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Closed to In Progress
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

Partially fixed (line pattern issue).
Transparency issue is still there.

#6 Updated by Paolo Cavallini about 7 years ago

  • Target version changed from Version 1.8.0 to Version 2.0.0

#7 Updated by Paolo Cavallini over 6 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Giuseppe Sucameli to anonymous -

#8 Updated by Giuseppe Sucameli almost 6 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Closed

#9 Updated by Jürgen Fischer about 5 years ago

  • Assignee deleted (anonymous -)

Also available in: Atom PDF